You hear that your friend or relative had surgery or an injury or is just plain sick. You want to do something, but you just aren’t sure what to do. I know I love having meals delivered and my family especially loves when someone brings a meal when I am out of commission. So, you can take a meal for the family to enjoy and it doesn’t have to be anything too special. Remember, it’s the thought that counts! This week while my sister in law was recovering from elbow surgery, I made a dish that I thought even her queasy stomach might enjoy. You might enjoy it too….just something quick & easy. Take it to a friend or make it for yourself. I think it’s a great idea for fall. (And, if it’s a dish that the kids won’t enjoy….order pizza!)
Creamed Eggs on Toast
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 -4 slices bread, to toast
- Melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in flour.
- When bubbly, whisk in milk a little at a time.
- Add salt.
- Continue to whisk til thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add chopped eggs.
- Toast and butter slices of bread.
- Lay slices on individual plates and spoon on Creamed Eggs.